The HDA Free State moves towards integration
Our Free State team has made good progress in increasing the amount of co-ordination with the provincial human settlements department and colleagues in the Mangaung Metro.
A series of consultation meetings were held during the first quarter of the financial year, and all parties have aligned their targets for the year.
Strategies were also presented for the future development of integrated human settlements.
This is a sign of cohesion and improved relations that will result in more integration of our key support programmes, as outlined in our MTOP.
The following interactions and consultations took place:
- Presentation of the urban design work for Bakenpark, in Dihlabeng Local Municipality
- Presentation on the province’s Informal Settlements Upgrading Strategy and Human Settlements Provincial Strategy
- Presentation on quarterly performance reports, as well as targets for the 2015/16 financial year
- ISU consultation with local municipalities to confirm settlements are ready for resettlement plans, enumeration and technical upgrading plans
- Land team consultation and site visits to municipalities to assess land availability for future acquisition for human settlements development
- Consultation with Mangaung Metro on a catalytic projects assessment tool
- Attendance and participation at the Mining Towns workshop hosted by the provincial Department of Economic, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (DETEA)